Management Fundamentals for Your Transition from Co-Worker to Supervisor
Getting promoted (especially to a supervisory role) is exciting…and scary. With a promotion to leadership, supervision or management comes some unexpected challenges and changes to roles in your responsibilities, relationships, and perspectives.
Perhaps you don’t really know what is expected of you. Perhaps you got promoted over your friends or peers, and aren’t sure how to make those relationships work. Perhaps you got the job…and others you know wanted it (badly).
The reality is leadership is complex to start with, and when you add all of these concerns on top of it, it can be daunting. Given all of that – we know the rest of the story too. . .
You want to do well . . . but you want to do more than survive, or stumble around trying to learn it all by trial and error. You want to be successful.
You want to make a difference.
Do you have the support, knowledge and skills you need to succeed?
Are you getting the training you need?
Sadly, according to careerbuilder.com more than 60% of new leaders don’t get any training at all. Even if your organization does provide some training, it often comes too late and lacks a focus on leadership skills that can help you become effective in communicating with, collaborating with, and coaching your reports.
Get the Keys to Successful Leadership Results – Right from the Start
If you are looking for quality, focused, practical supervisor training, you’ve come to the right place. Since October 2009, we’ve been facilitating the Bud to Boss Workshop across America with people from organizations of all types and sizes in nearly any industry you can name.
Here’s What People Are Saying about The Bud to Boss Workshop:
“This was a great seminar with tons of useful information! I definitely have more tools to use in my tool kit. The presentation styles made this seminar very engaging! Will definitely recommend to others!”
– Bryan Nguyen, Florida Virtual School
“I could not have asked for more! Very clear and well spoken. Excellent balance between humor, content and group involvement.”
– Carol Hellickson, Ranier View Water Company
“The information provided during the seminar will be very useful in my personal transition of going from “Bud to Boss” and becoming a great leader and inspiring others to become leaders.”
– Emily Riggs, Iasis Healthcare
Want to see more? The Bud to Boss Workshop is an interactive, engaging and practical two day workshop for new supervisors and leaders – or those making a new transition at any point in their leadership career. It is jam-packed with ideas and skills to make you (or the supervisors in your organization) more confident in your role and more successful with your team and in your career!
The Bud to Boss Workshop incorporates and brings to life the tips and techniques outlined in Kevin Eikenberry and Guy Harris’ best-selling book, From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership, written, in part, to answer the specific questions new leaders ask them every day.
What You Will Learn at the Bud to Boss Workshop
The workshop is divided into these six important sections, designed to help you build your skills one step at a time.
- Succeeding in Your Supervisor Role
- Communication Skills for Successful Supervisors
- Coaching and Feedback for Real Results
- Leading and Championing Change
- Leading Teams to Higher Performance
- Setting and Getting Goals (For Yourself and Others)
Specifically, you will learn…
- How to create a personal definition of leadership
- 13 keys to leadership success
- How to transition to your supervisory/leadership role, “from Bud to Boss”
- The 11 components of the supervisor role •The control/empowerment balance
- The power of expectations
- How to effectively communicate with different people
- 7 ways to make your communication more powerful, persuasive and memorable
- 6 ways to listen better at work tomorrow – and every day
- 6 keys to winning presentations
- Use the Coaching ABC’s
- 3 sources of feedback
- 4 types of feedback
- 10 ways to give better feedback
- 6 ways to make performance reviews less painful and more effective
- 10 ways to be more supportive
- How to use a practical coaching model
- The 4 levers of change – what they are and how to use them
- The critical differences between managing, leading and championing change
- Why resistance doesn’t have to be a bad thing
- 3 ways to overcome resistance
- 5 ways to accelerate organizational change
- How to use the 4 stages of team development
- How to manage conflict on your team
- 3 ways to increase team energy and effectiveness
- 7 keys to better meetings
- The role of a team leader
- 5 keys to a successful goal-setting mindset – and why it is important
- 10 steps to setting achievable goals
- How to engage others in team goal setting
- 5 ways to improve goal achievement success
Maximize Your Investment
As great as the workshop is, like any workshop, when you return to work, you will have additional questions, and you might encounter a challenge in applying all you learned. After all, training is an event, and learning (and application) is a process.
That’s why, with Bud to Boss, your registration INCLUDES three live, group coaching sessions! These three sessions give you direct and personal access to Steve Johnston – one of the certified Bud to Boss Trainers (he may be the facilitator of your workshop), for one full hour per session, after you return from the workshop, to help you master the strategies and techniques you learn in the workshop.
With group coaching, you’ll have access to:
- Answers to your most pressing questions.
- Advice on your stickiest situations.
- Advice on implementing your ideas and plans more successfully.
- An opportunity to share successes.
- Confirmation that what you are planning to try will work.
- Valuable learning opportunities from the questions & challenges of others in the group.
Don’t risk your career by stumbling along, making rookie mistakes and learning by trial and error. Get the essential management techniques and strategies you need to succeed. Click here to learn more and register to become the leader, team builder and motivator you know you can be.
Or for more information about our new supervisor workshops whether on-site, attending one of our public workshops or having one customized for your organization, complete the form below to request more information and get a free initial consultation.
Learn more about our overall approach to training and training delivery.
Request More Information
Please complete the form below and we'll contact you within one business day.