How to Communicate With and Influence Groups (With Confidence)
Want to effectively persuade and influence groups without nerves?
Our presentation skills workshops help people overcome nerves, gain confidence and practice the skills to help them develop and deliver effective presentations.
The Bottom Line?
Everyone needs the ability to present ideas and persuade groups successfully. Being an effective presenter or speaker helps everyone in an organization be more personally effective and helps the organization be more successful.
“We are a tough group and are critical of other professionals. You held our attention, captivated us and challenged us to raise our own bar.”
How We Operate
While we have delivered many presentation skills workshops, from 1 to 3 days in length, we prefer to work with you to design exactly what you need. Rather than getting a “canned” program, you get a workshop specifically tailored to your needs. We take the key skills and knowledge we know will make a difference, match that with the needs you have, then create the overall workshop to meet your specific needs.
Beyond our core content and practice sessions, we have a broad range of related skills and knowledge that can be used to supplement, and adjust the workshop to help it fit your organizations’ unique needs.Because of our experience and approach, you aren’t paying for a new training design, but rather you get a customized product at a very reasonable investment.
What You Will Learn
While we customize the workshop to your needs, here are some sample learning objectives.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Prepare a presentation, based on proven principles.
- Organize any presentation, whether impromptu or planned, easily and effectively.
- Use at least seven ways to effectively open a presentation to gain attention and interest.
- Put themselves in the place of their audience to develop effective audience benefits.
- Use at least 4 ways to close presentations more powerfully and peruasively.
- Present concepts and ideas more effectively, using techniques that mirror how our brains operate.
- Deliver with confidence.
- Use effective organization of materials to improve results.
- Prepare visual aids that are clear, effective and related to the topic.
- Use visual aids effectively.
- Determine the best content to include in visual aids.
- Reduce stress related to delivering group presentations.
- Handle questions confidently and effectively.
- Identify at least two strengths in their presentation style and skills.
- Identify at least one area for improvement and have an action plan for that improvement.
In addition, all participants will have multiple opportunities to practice and receive feedback both from peers and the facilitators.
What You Can Expect
The workshop provides powerful tools and the opportunity to practice, so participants leave not just knowledgeable, but also confident in their new knowledge and skills. While doing these things it will be interactive and enjoyable!
For more information about our meeting skills workshops, having one customized for your organization, complete the form below to request more information and get a free initial consultation.
Learn more about our overall approach to training and training delivery.
Request More Information
Please complete the form below and we'll contact you within one business day.