Harassment, Bullying, Gossip, Confrontational & Disruptive Behavior
How to Detox and Neutralize a Negative Workplace Environment
Learn how to take back control and successfully defuse the negative impact of bullying, gossip and disruptive behavior!
Bad attitudes, jealousy, gossip, and indifference will sabotage any organization – destroying morale, lowering self-esteem, and reducing teamwork and productivity.
And when toxic behavior infects a team or department, managers may be tempted to ignore it or give in. While you may feel powerless against persistent negativity and gossip in the workplace, tolerating these destructive behaviors will lead to organizational downfall.
But how do you rid your team of these bad behaviors, without disrupting employee productivity, collaboration and communication that’s already lacking?
Join us for a powerful program as we delve into this challenging leadership dilemma that can destroy both your own, as well as your organization’s success. Led by Bruce Lee, you’ll discover how to neutralize gossip by implementing a Zero Tolerance system to ensure it does not re-occur.
You will also learn how to keep emotional control, while harnessing this disruptive and destructive behavior and increasing team camaraderie.
- How managers inadvertently reward negative and destructive behaviors.
- The steps you need to act on in order to keep total control of the situation.
- The four types of problem employees and how they can affect the workplace.
- How to turn around the gossip to create more empowered employees.
- How to tell when someone is lying to you and how to confront them on it.
- When to focus on the behavior you see and not the attitude behind it.
- How to identify all forms of bullying you need to control.
- Which topics should not be talked about at work.
- How to stop the rumor mill before it gets started with a policy of transparency.
- Why people want to ‘push your buttons’ by their off-side or inappropriate comments.
- The eight “personalities” which can quickly get out of control, and how to effectively deal with them.
Join us and learn how to take back control and successfully defuse the negative impact of bullying, gossip and disruptive behavior!
Bruce Lee is an international event speaker, coach, MC and author. He has a highly entertaining and effective delivery on an impressive variety of keynotes and workshops on productivity, customer service and leadership by combining humor and the latest business concepts and realities. All education sessions are focused on the actual implementation of the ideas and strategies – otherwise, why provide the training?
In the business world, Bruce gained valuable management. marketing and sales experience as manager for the VISA credit card operation of a major bank, and in the oil and gas industry as a marketing representative for a fully integrated oil company. He was an executive recruitment consultant in charge of setting up their international operations, prior to launching a retail grocery and gas convenience store business. Joining Custom Learning Systems in 1990, now Canada’s largest training and implementation company, as President and Director of Marketing, helped grow it into an international operation with 14 staff and a team of 10 speakers in the United States and Canada, with sales in the mid 7 figure range. On a personal note, Bruce gets things done with a passion both outdoors and for his community. He is a semi-professional and published photographer, avid mountain hiker, road biker, scuba diving enthusiast, downhill skier, a regular blood donor with 420 donations to date, is active on several Boards, and volunteers teaching business courses on behalf of Junior Achievement in school programs.
How can I register?
1) Online using the register/order buttons above.
2) Call customer service at 317-387-1424, extension 5
What is a Digital Download?
The Digital Download is a downloadable recording of a webinar. When the event is over, you will receive an email with a link to the website where you can watch a synchronized recording of the audio and PowerPoint portions of the webinar. Please allow 1-2 weeks after the date of the event to receive this information.