Becoming a Better Leader and Human Being
August 5 – 7, 2019 ▪ Skyline Club, Indianapolis, IN
An Intimate Learning Experience Facilitated by Kevin Eikenberry
The Remarkable Retreat is learning experience that has been designed for leaders like these:
- Leaders who are challenged in their current role to be their best (and feel like they are falling short some of the time)
- Leaders who see a future that will require more from them to be successful
- Leaders that believe they can become more effective leaders and are looking for a way to both jumpstart their development and keep them on a path to greater success
If one or more of these describes you, read on…
You’ve read and attended workshops. You have found value in those things but know there is more – something that will transcend what you have experienced to date and truly help you become the leader you were born to be. A watershed moment is a critical turning point in time – when everything changes and nothing will never be the same. That is what The Remarkable Retreat will be…an experience that changes the course of your future…for the better. You will leave with new ideas and skills, but far more than that you will possess a new, broader perspective and leave energized and equipped to make a bigger difference for your team, your organization and yourself.
You see it takes more than just better skills to become the leader you want and need to be. The Remarkable Retreat was designed with that fact in mind. We will explore skills; but do far more than that. We will explore your values, and mindset, as well as the habits required to lead at the highest levels.
Many leadership development programs focus on developing a great training program. Somehow, the terms training and development have become synonymous when they are not at all. And here is the truth: Training is an event, but learning (including leadership development) is a process.
When we see leadership development just as training, we are doing what everyone else is doing – focusing on “best practices” and not the actual practice itself.
People don’t learn important, complex life skills in an instant. In an instant, we can get an insight, an aha, and an inspiration. At an event, we can get ideas, approaches, checklists, and knowledge and foundations for skill development. But skills are developed over time – not in a one shot, one-time training course (regardless of how well it is designed or how awesome the trainer is). Skills are honed through practice and application.
The only way to get real leadership development is to create a process that supports real-life learning and one where the events are only a small planning part of the overall process. Until you create that you will never have a reasonable rate of return on the investment of time, talent and energy.
And even if we get the skills part right, it’s not enough.
Before we even get to the skills that support the success of our team members, there is us. The element missing from nearly all leadership development activities is any discussion of, understanding of and development of the mindsets of the leader.
Your mindset is the collection of thoughts and beliefs that shape your thoughts. Your mindset determines your attitude and defines how you interpret the world. Your mindset creates your thoughts, and those thoughts drive your actions.
If we don’t align our mindset with the skills we want to employ (or teach others), there is virtually no chance of applying a skill consistently (if you can even really learn it at all).
So knowing the right skills to lead more effective is helpful.
Understanding how to use them is also necessary. But that’s still not enough.
If you want to change any established practice (including how you do any leadership skill) you must create a habit to support the application of the new skill. The simple fact is learning a new skill or improving an existing one requires a change of habit.
In order to be a better leader, we must know what our habits are, and decide if they are supporting successful results. If we determine they aren’t we must know how to create and sustain the new habits. Then and only then can we consciously create the habitset the will support the leadership results we desire.
The Remarkable Retreat is built around this revolutionary concept that helps you learn and apply all three of these components:
Only when each is considered, understood and developed can anyone come close to becoming the Remarkable Leader they were born to be.
Here is what you can expect during The Remarkable Retreat…
This is a two-and-a-half day, small group experience that will start on Monday at 1 pm and run through Wednesday at 5 pm. What will this experience be like? Like any learning experience with us it will be interactive and engaging; but this very special experience will also be:
- Personal and interpersonal
- Soft and foundational
- Introspective and future focused
- Purposeful and real
- Challenging and energizing
- Thought-provoking and action-inciting
- Unique and memorable
If this sounds balanced between thoughts and feelings; insight and inspiration, my communication is successful. Here is just some of what you will leave The Remarkable Retreat with:
- Clarity on who you are as a leader and how you can best lead
- The values that drive you as a leader and make you more influential
- Your values story
- How to use the Mindset/Skillset/Habitset approach for yourself and with others
- A deep understanding of how your mindsets guide you as a leader
- An understanding of your current mindsets and a list of those you want to create and develop
- Clarity on the leadership skills you most need to develop on your journey
- The ability to define and create the habits that support your development as a leader
- The ability to give and receive feedback more comfortably
- Solutions to your biggest current leadership challenges
- An action plan for your future – mapping your path towards Remarkable Leadership
- Commitment and accountability to achieving that action plan
What else do you get?
As amazing as the 2.5-day experience will be, it is an event, and therefore not enough to give you the results you want and need. To assure your growth and development, we have created a learning process. How will we make it a process?
- Coaching calls. You will also participate in three follow-up coaching calls with you and your group. Scheduled at 60, 120 and 180 days after the event, they will be part of the developmental and accountability process. (a $500 value)
- An online community. Just for your group, to share ideas, insights, successes and ask questions. Kevin will participate as well to help you translate the event into real learning and growth. (priceless)
- One personal coaching call with Kevin. As an alumnus of this unique experience you will be able to send Kevin an email, or engage with him on the online community when needed, but your participation in this learning experience also grants you access to 30 minutes of private coaching time with Kevin, to use when you want and need it. ($350 value)
- A 12 Month Membership in The Remarkable Way: A Revolutionary System for Reaching Your Leadership Potential. This ongoing learning process built around the Mindset/Skillset/Habitset approach will help you build your Leadership competencies and confidence with a focus on a different skillset each month. ($2,400 value)
- Other un-announced bonuses. We plan to take good care of you, so while we can’t promise specific things, recognize that as our highest-level Customers, good things will come your way. (priceless)
Kevin is the Chief Potential Officer of The Kevin Eikenberry Group, a leadership and learning consulting company that has been helping organizations, teams and individuals reach their potential since 1993. Kevin’s specialties include leadership, teams and teamwork, organizational culture, facilitating change, organizational learning and more.
He has been named to many exclusive lists: In 2014 and 2018 to Inc.com’s Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts in the World and 100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference, American Management Association’s Leaders to Watch in 2015 – 2018 and Top Sales World’s 2015 Top Sales & Marketing Influencers, as well as the Best 50 Leadership Blog Sites from Ready to Manage in 2016.
Kevin’s philosophy in business and in life is that every person and every organization have extraordinary potential. Investments of time, energy, focus and money are required for that potential to be realized. He believes learning is an active, ongoing process, not a passive, one-time event. Learning, work and life should be fun; and, if we are doing it right, work (and learning) is play.
He has worked with Fortune 500 companies, small firms, universities, government agencies, hospitals, and more. His client list includes the American Red Cross, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Cirque du Soleil, Comcast, Dell, John Deere, Purdue University, Sears Canada, Shell, Southwest Airlines, US Food & Drug Administration and Verizon.
He is the bestselling author of Remarkable Leadership: Unleashing Your Leadership Potential One Skill at a Time, a leadership primer designed to help you learn and master the 13 competencies of remarkable leaders; and Vantagepoints on Learning and Life, a collection of his email essays on learning from everyday experiences. His other books include #LeadershipTweet: 140 Bite Sized Ideas to Help You Become the Leader You Were Born to Be, and the co-author of From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership, and The Long-Distance Leader: Rules for Remarkable Remote Leadership – just announced as the 2018 Best Business Book by Soundview Media.
Your investment for this unique and powerful learning experience and the full year of engaging learning that is included is just $5,000, or two payments of $2,550. A fully refundable $400 deposit is required at the time of your application and will be deducted from your full or first payment.
Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. As soon as your application and deposit are received, it will be marked in sequential order. The group will be capped at 15 participants. If your application is approved, but there isn’t space in the existing session, you will be first in line for the next session. While you can’t guarantee your participation, the best thing you can do to influence your inclusion is to fill out the application completely and with thought and submit it with your deposit as soon as possible.
You do not have to complete your application all at one time. You may save the application and go back as you have time and as many times as you like. But remember, until your application is fully completed, submitted and your deposit is paid, we cannot hold your spot at the event.
If you have questions about the experience, the process or completing the application, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-387-1424, ext. 12.
You may never have applied to participate in a learning experience before – that is just the first indication that this is a different kind of learning experience. This application will help us determine if you are at the right place in your development for this experience, and for us to put together a group that can be dynamic and come ready to grow together.
Please know that each question has been included to help us and you decide if now is the best time for you to join us at The Remarkable Retreat.
If you have problems filling out the form, click here or contact Laura at email@example.com or 317-387-1424, ext. 12.